- – Identity and address of the Responsible Party.
INNOVATION MATCH MX, A.C. (hereinafter referred to as “IMMX”), located at Avenida México, #102, colonia Latinoamericana, in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, C.P. 25270, is Responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and is committed to protect all personal data provided by the Holder, therefore in compliance with the “Ley Federal de Protección de Datos Personales en Posesión de Particulares” (Federal Law on Protection of Personal Data Held by Individuals, hereinafter referred to as “LFPDP”) and its rules and guidelines, you are hereby notified of the following:
- – Personal data collected and processed.
IMMX can collect your personal data directly when you (hereinafter referred to as the “Holder”) voluntarily provide us information in order to register you in the Forum “1st International Forum of Mexican Talent. Innovation Match Mx 2015-2016” (hereinafter referred to as the “Forum”) and/or to request your affiliation as a IMMX’s member, and/or to participate in the Publication of Extensive Papers Call, whether through electronic format and forms available at our website and/or via e-mail, and/or via chat (also available in the website), or through the following technologies: letter post, internet or telephone.
IMMX may also collect personal data indirectly through public access sources or by transference.
In order to achieve the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice, we will use: Personal identification data, personal contact data, personal academic data, personal labor data and personal financial information only when deemed necessary to charge the corresponding payment.
In order to comply with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice, IMMX does not collect or process sensitive personal data.
- – Purposes of the Data processing.
- Primary Purposes
IMMX will use your personal data for the following primary purposes that are necessary to comply with the obligations deriving from our legal relationship:
- To verify and/or confirm your identity.
- To register you in the Forum, to charge you the corresponding registration payment, and to notify you as well, about the current status of your payment when applicable.
- To verify and/or confirm your academic degree and area of knowledge, in order to define your topic of interest in the Forum.
- To contact and inform you regarding the program, schedule, activities, events, publications, news and studies related with the Forum.
- To invite you to participate and attend the Forum, also to offer you our service.
- To carry out the process necessary to grant scholarships to attend the Forum, when applicable.
- To give you, your credentials needed to access the Forum.
- To create, update and preserve our data bases, needed for the management and operation of the Forum.
- To manage and operate the Forum and/or service you request.
- To contact and notify you about the current status of your registration.
- To follow up your requests for information, as well as your comments, inquiries and complaints related to the Forum we organize.
- To affiliate you as a member of IMMX when requested and to keep you informed about fees, rights and obligations you acquire when becoming a member; also, to notify you about all activities and events held by IMMX as a Civil Association.
- To process and follow-up your application in the Publication of Extensive Papers Call.
- For the application of surveys and evaluations to improve the quality of our service.
- Secondary Purposes
Additionally, we will use your personal data for the following secondary purposes, which are not needed for the services requested but that allow us to provide you the best possible service:
- To make subsequent contact with you after the completion of the Forum and the publication of extensive papers.
- To send you publications, articles, journals and studies related to science and technological innovation in any area of knowledge.
- To send you promotional information of other calls, courses, seminars, symposia, extra-academic workshops, and any other events.
- To use and disclose your personal image (whether in photo or video) in the making of informative and promotional material of the Forum or of IMMX.
- To make marketing studies and statistics.
- To send you advertisements and other information for marketing purposes.
In case you do not want your personal data being used for some or all of the secondary purposes indicated before, right from this moment you can inform that to us sending a request to the IMMX’s Protection of Personal Data Department, through the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If we obtain personal data indirectly, the Holder will have five working days counted from the next day following the beginning of the legal relationship with IMMX in order to declare his refusal in relation to the processing of his personal data for one or all of the secondary purposes. In order to declare his refusal, the holder must send his ARCO Rights Request following the process shown in the fifth section of this privacy notice, through the following e-mail address email@example.com.
If the holder does not declare any refusal regarding the processing of his information, it will be understood that the holder has given his consent for the processing of his data.
The refusal regarding the use of personal data for the secondary purposes will not be a reason to deny the registration to the Forum, the requested services, or end the established relationship with IMMX.
When making available this Privacy Notice to the Holder, and the latter does not express opposition, it will be assumed that the Holder authorizes the Responsible party to carry on the processing of any personal data he might have provided o will provide in relation to the purposes established in this Privacy Notice, whether the Holder provides the data personally or through any technology or resources the Responsible Party might have.
No explicit consent will be necessary for the Data Processing when its handling has the purpose to comply with the obligations emanating from the legal relationship between the Holder and the Responsible; also not explicit consent will be needed regarding the cases stated in article 10 of the LFPDP.
Additionally we inform you, when it’s the case, that if you do not express any opposition to the treatment of your financial information that you have provided to the Responsible Party, it will be assumed that you give us your explicit consent to use your personal data. In any case, we commit ourselves to not use your personal data for any purpose different from those stated in this privacy notice, except for the exceptions stated in the article 37 of the LFPDP.
- – Transferences of personal data.
We inform you that in order to comply with the above mentioned purposes, your personal data will be shared with the following Recipients, for the purposes set forth below:
|Recipient of the personal data.||Purposes||Consent|
|Banking Institutions.||In order to process the necessary payments.|
|Associations, centers, institutions and/or companies collaborating, organizing, which are part of the Forum, of IMMX and of the organization of the Publication of Extensive Papers Call.||In order to properly comply with the legal relationship we share with you as the Holder.|
|Research Centers, Technology Transfer Office, national or foreign Universities, companies and third parties related with science and technology, which have signed collaboration agreements with IMMX.||In order to connect and promote you before those entities, as a researcher in terms of the Forum’s Call.||*|
|Judge or competent authorities||In the cases legally required or in case of requirement made by Judge or competent Authority.|
|Companies, Institutions, Research Centers, Technology Transfer Office, Universities and/or third parties collaborating with IMMX on the organization of other symposiums, conventions, forums, convocations, or any other events.||In order to inform, register, promote and offer those events to you.||*|
|Other entities, companies or associations related to IMMX.||In case there is a suitable job opportunity, offer you job opportunities within your area of knowledge.||*|
We inform you that we require your consent for the transferences marked with an asterisk (*). If you do not express your written refusal to those transferences in a maximum term of 30 (thirty) business days posterior to the last date of update of this Notice, through the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, it will be understood that you gave us your consent.
Likewise, we inform you that national or international transferences of personal data may be carried out without your consent, when any of the cases established in article 37 of the LFPDP occur.
- – The means and the procedure to exercise the “ARCO” rights.
You have the right to know what personal data we have from you, for what purposes we use it and the conditions of use (Access). Likewise, it is your right to request the correction of your personal data when the information is outdated, inaccurate or incomplete (Rectification); delete the information from our registries and databases when you consider that your information is not being used in accordance to the principles, duties and obligations established in the legislation (Cancellation); also you have the right to express your opposition for to the use of your data for specific purposes (Opposition). These rights are known as the ARCO rights.
In order to exercise any of the Arco rights and/or withdrawal of consent, you or your legal representative need firstly to request to the IMMX´s Department of Protection of Personal Data through the next email: email@example.com, the format of the “Request to exercise the ARCO rights” (hereinafter referred to as the “Request”); then, the Request fully completed must be send to the same Department through the next e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, and the request must be signed and the following documentation must be annexed to it accompanied with the next documentation, in order for the Responsible Party to authenticate the Holder who is willing to exercise his ARCO rights:
- The Holder’s name, his address or e-mail in order to reply your request;
- The documents accrediting the identity or the legal representation of the holder; Official ID of the holder, in case of the participation of a legal representative, in addition to the documents accrediting the identity the annex of the corresponding power of attorney signed by the holder, the legal representative and two witnesses.
- The clear and accurate description of the personal data related to the ARCO rights you want to exercise.
- Any other elements or documents that provide the location of the personal data.
- When you want to exercise the Rectification right, you shall indicate which one is the exact modification you want to make and submit the documentation that shows the requested modification according with the personal data being rectified
We ask you to consider that for your own safety, it is possible that we may request you additional documentation that allow us to identify the data you want to access, rectify and/or cancel or oppose to its treatment.
Once the request is filed, if it is incomplete IMMX can request you in a term of 5 working days, the information and/or documentation needed to confirm your identity, according with the conditions set in the LFPDP. You will have 10 working days after the notification from IMMX to attend this requirement, otherwise your request shall be considered as not filed.
IMMX will inform the Holder the resolution adopted, in a term of 20 maximum days counted from the date of file of the Request dully filled; if the resolution is favorable for the holder, IMMX will execute the resolution within a term of 15 working days after notifying the resolution. In case the request is regarding access to personal data, delivery of information will proceed prior identification of the Holder or his legal representative. The responsible party may extend this term for other 20 working days when necessary, prior notification given to the Holder.
The resolution adopted by IMMX will be notified to the holder through the option chosen by the Holder among the ones mentioned in the Request.
The obligation regarding access to information will be accomplished when the personal data has been made available to you or through simple copies issued to you and delivered through the selected mean you chose in the Request. Also, in case IMMX don’t have your personal data it will inform you the same way you filed the request.
The delivery of personal information and the exercising of the ARCO rights will be free of charge; however, you shall cover the justified shipping payments or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats. However if the same person file his Request more than once within a 12 month period, the costs will not be superior to 3 days of the minimum wage in force in Mexico City, unless substantial modifications to this Privacy Notice motivate new inquiries.
- – The mechanisms and procedures for the Holder to revoke his consent for his data processing.
You may revoke the consent granted to us to use your personal data. However, it is important to keep in mind that in some cases we won’t be able to respond your request we can attend or stop using the data, because it is possible that as a consequence of the fulfillment of a legal obligation we may need to keep processing your personal data. Also you must to consider that the revocation of your consent will imply that we won’t be able to keep providing the service, or the conclusion of our relationship.
In order to revoke your consent you, you must file the corresponding Request to IMMX’s Department of Protection of Personal Data through the next email: email@example.com done under the same conditions established in the fifth section of this Privacy Notice to exercise the Arco rights.
- – Limitation and/or disclosure of your information
In order for you to be available to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data, we offer you the following means:
Send your Request for limitation and/or disclosure of data to the next email firstname.lastname@example.org, where you shall explain which of your personal data you wish to stop being used for releases and promotions by IMMX.
In case your request proceeds, you will be registered in the IMMX’s exclusion list with the purpose to stop using your personal data for marketing, advertising or market research purposes from our part.
- – Modifications to the Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice may suffer modifications, changes or updates derived from new legal requirements, our own needs, privacy practices or other causes.
IMMX reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice; the modifications will be informed through the webpage www.innovationmatchmx.com, and will indicate the date of the last modification. We recommend you to visit regularly this page in order to be aware of any modification made to the Privacy Notice.
In addition, we inform the Holder that he has the right to oppose to the treatment of their personal data in case of disagreement with the modifications made. In that scenario the Holder must send a Request to the e-mail and through the procedure established in the fifth section of this Privacy Notice.
Last updated: May 15, 2015